update on Bentley

I picked up Baby Boy on Friday afternoon.... they said he did great.
He was very happy to see me and to go home.
His leg is wrapped in a bandage...

Friday was a long night.... apparently Bentley does not do great with anesthesia. After I got him home he had a little yogurt. I didn't want to feed him too much. I gave him his cheese pills.... an antibiotic and a pain med at about 6pm with a little sweet potato.
He promptly threw-up... and continued to do so about every 2 hours until about 4:30 Saturday morning. I was worried but couldn't really do anything until later in the day.
He slept next to me and was quivery all night... until about 4:30 as well.
Then he seems to just snap out of it. He was thirsty and went and got a big drink... went out to potty... then went back up to bed... not shaky... and slept until at 9:30!
we went slow on giving him food... a small amount every couple of hours... he kept everything down-  including his morning meds...
this morning he is active and wants to wrestle.
It is good to have him back and healthy...

Comments

Sandy Baur said…
Anesthesia is rough on our 4 legged babies! Sassy has surgery a few months ago (she is 13 years old) and had a similar rough time of it.... I am so glad he is feeling better!