Busy Christmas Break

I love the Christmas season for so many reasons...not the least of which is a break from school and a change in routine.
The past couple of weeks have flown by.
For Christmas eve we stayed home. Ais came down and we just enjoyed our traditional grilled steak and chicken nachos in front of the fire. We opened presents and had a great time. It was great to spend our first Christmas in our new home together and comfortably.
Christmas Day, Chris got up and made up all crepes... soooo very yummy!
we went to his sister's house and ate more good food and spend the afternoon with his mom and the siblings that live close.
For Christmas I got me a mini fridge and a microwave for my office! I am so excited.

Tiff and I went to see Les Miserable, we both used more than a couple tissues and loved it!
What a great day to spend with Tiff. I don't get to see her as much as I would like.

Last night for New Year's eve... Ais came down again. We spent part of the day at the mall where she picked up some killer deals! Then----we picked up my car from the shop--not how I wanted  to spend our Christmas money-- but happy to have a car!
We watched Brave... a cute show. The acting/voices were great... the story- a little shallow.
By 10 pm Bentley was snoring on my lap, Chris was almost as bad... i was fading fast and Ais was reading in her room....
WOW--- we are a old, fuddy-duddy family. ;-)
at Midnight there were fireworks- set off by the city I think. Bentley woke up and went into guard dog mode! Bless his little heart!
This morning for breakfast we had waffles, bacon and bramboracky (traditional Czech potato pancakes)... again sooo super yummy!
All is well here. Back to school tomorrow for Ais. I start classes on the 7th so am back to work this week to prepare.
Happy New Year!!!
May you be blessed!

Comments

Sandy Baur said…
What a great way to end the Holidays! Sounds perfect to me!
Karla said…
What?! You went to Les Mis without me????