San Gimignano

Today we braved the non-tourist bus system and bought tickets to San Gimignano. It is one of the hill top towns with many towers.  I came here on the day trip I took several years ago and remember really loving it. Chris and Ais were game off we went.
getting ready to go

nice to know the mama can see all you do? ;-)
Once we changed buses we got to the city. There is a huge city wall and gate.
Ais and I at the gate

Hi!
we all walked up the short but steep road to the city center, the plaza was full of other tourists and we enjoyed some gelato.

check out the different styles in the buildings

City well

so yummy


Then we walked up the rest of the hill to the castle on top of the hill. The views were stunning. I really think if there was a place I would want to live here it would be this town. It feels so old and quiet. It is so peaceful and beautiful and it is close to town (Florence).

view

i wonder how much this one goes for???

still enjoying my gelato

up to the top of the tower

there use to be 14 towers


a little breezy at the top



heading down to the olive grove
Chris and Ais had a fun time trying to make a new friend...



he was too fast-- (little gecko on root)
last few photos of the day--- before we caught the bus home.


Tuscan means boar or wild pigs, that are known in this region
 I promise we did not bring home any ham with fur still on it for anyone--- that is NOT a treat!

waiting for the bus

Today’s Flavors: (brought to you by Pluripremiata Gelateria Artigiana in San Gimignano)
Chris- Saffron and cherry vanilla
Janelle- Gorgonzola with walnuts and blackberry with lavender
Ais- Dark chocolate and hazelnut and blackberry with lavender (3 flavors today for Ais)

Comments

Sandy Baur said…
Oh my Yumminess! The blackberry with lavender sounds awesome! Beautiful pics and I love the views! Looks like my kinda town!