Fiesole

Today we went to a little town that is right near Florence. It is called Fiesole. It is known for the Roman ruins that are at the heart of the town. warning-there may be lots of photos with no people in them ;-)

Florence is in the valley below
a sunburn in anyone's future???
Don't worry I brought Aloe with us--- and yes i need a little tonight. I am not peely! I love this humidity
Roman amphitheater

seats 2000


on the steps/seats

 Roman temple

I love the poppies!

Chris at the alter of the temple




this is where they would heat the water for the baths (which are to the left)






Today's flavors:
Chris- apricot and grapefruit
Janelle- almond and grapefuit
Ais- dark chocolate and hazelnut

Comments

Sandy Baur said…
Just WOW! I love these pictures! I can imagine how grand it was "back in the day"