the Duomo

today was our day to visit the Duomo and surrounding sites. we loved going in the cathedral and the baptistery and Chris and Ais may go up and walk to the top of the dome... I will opt out of the tiny staircase, 643 stairs (i think). Dark scary heights--- I will pass. I will take photos from the bottom. ;-)
We also went to the San Lorenzo cathedral, the court yard was right out of Lady Hawk! we also walked around the open air market- much to Ais' delight. I got a pashmina for myself and tie for Chris.
We had lunch at a really cute little place were the waiters flirt and made Ais a "special" pizza... shaped like a heart!
We are home for dinner then off to get our daily gelato.

the back of the Duomo- it is REALLY large

Ais and Chris in front of cathedral

image from the baptistery- this inspired Dante to write the Inferno

Courtyard of San Lorenzo cathedral



Comments

Sandy Baur said…
Amazing pictures! It ia just so pretty! I love the architecture!