Constant Change

As you are all well aware, I am in Utah waiting for IRB approval so I can go to Washington to conduct my research for my dissertation.
I have an update...
My study has been denied by the Washington DOC due to a conflict with a current study.
What that means is that someone is already there doing a study and the officials think that two studies would be too much for the participants.
Soooo....
Now I will begin on a new study. I am still going to study maternal identity just with a different population. I will hopefully be working with teen moms here is SLC.
This is a bump in the road (huge bump with a precipice on the other side) but can be overcome. I am hoping to get started on Monday at the library researching and rewriting my proposal. There is potential that this will set me back a bit on graduation but I will work hard and hopefully overcome. I have fought the good fight and lost with my previous study. I plan to triumph with the next one.

Comments

Sassy said…
oh, man, Nell! I'm so sorry about the setback. But, Jay and I know how tenacious you are - you will overcome!
Tiff and Kyle said…
Ja-Nelly... I am so sad for you. ARG! So rude. I am here for you if you need me. But on the up side. I'll get to see you more...
Linda said…
Extreme disapointment and the unfairness of it all seems overwhelming.....However, with your PMA and tenacity as a middle name, you'll be over-eating with us at the Roof soon.