Saturday and firetrucks

Saturday was a great day for Utah fans....
A sad day for BYU...
I was up on campus working in my office on my dissertation (shocker, I know) anyway....
I was listening to my Ipod all of a sudden I was aware of a weird rhythm was in the background, I didn't remember it being in the song before... I took out my earphones and sure enough....
the fire alarms was going off in the building.
I have parked in the basement under the building and leisurely gathered up my papers and saved what I had been working on and shut down my computer.
I went down to the basement parking and water was flowing out of one of the pipes.
I drove out and parked near the side entrance to the building and waited for the firemen. They were there in less than 10 minutes of the alarm going off.
Water was pouring out of from the second story over the side door.
I could smell a funky smell- not really smoke and yucky.
The fireman I talked with said a pipe burst and that there was water in the electrical.
I called the Dean, that I work for and passed on the news.
It turns out a pipe froze and burst leaving the first floor with about 4 inches of water.
Guess I was done for the day...
So I drove home and got to hear the last couple of minutes of the football game....
TOTALLY worth the fire- that wasn't!

Comments