Happy day

What a wonderful day!
As you are well aware..... it is our FIRST ANNIVERSARY!
It was a great day.
My adorable hubby gave me a dozen hot pink roses and i-tunes gift cards! Now if i could just get him to learn the words to the songs so we could sing together in the car ;-)
I gave him a gift certificate to amazon.com... going with the traditional "paper" gift. Oh how he loves to buy books and read them! (mostly text books)
church was good. We had 6 in our class today. A very easy day!
We came home to the tantalizing smells of roast. Actually we could smell it as we stood outside the door on the driveway!
After feeling a little too full I said--- " now I am ready for cake"...
Yep we saved the topper from the wedding cake and each had a large slice after dinner....
It was fresh and wonderful!
The flowers that were on the cake even look pretty good- much to my amazement!
Over all it was a glorious way to celebrate our first year....
We toasted with my favorite pear fake champagne ...
Here's to more years of joy!

Comments

Karla said…
Congratulations! What a happy and wonderful year!
Linda said…
Sounds memorable! And, that cake was yummy. I myself had multiple pieces of the lemon poppy seed at the reception. You must have saved your cake to freeze before this little piglet got to the dessert table