a good time had by all

Chris and I spent this past weekend at my Grandparents farm in Idaho....
It is a rural and wonderful spot where I, and my siblings and parents , spent a couple of weeks every summer while growing up.I wanted to get an early start as it is about 9 hours to my grandparents... from here. I wanted to leave about 6 (OUCH!!!) a.m.! But we really didn't get on the road until 6:30... pretty good for me ;-)We drove to the juniper tree rest area and got out and walked around, then switched drivers... I drove to Boise and we stopped and spent an hour and a half or so with Aunt Betty... she is doing well and gave us a lovely glass chip and dip plate with calla lilies etched on the back. I am planning on using it for the BBQ this weekend.

Then we were off to Indian Valley... I continued to drive as I knew the way and it was fun to point places out to Chris as we drove and he was free to look around... the Frontier Motel, Grandpa George's house etc.
Then we drove up the long dusty road and just as always... grandma met us at the bridge.
How wonderful to see her... with a little love in my eye I introduced the love of my life to my grandparents and the magical land that is the farm.We walked around that evening, after the long sit in the car it was nice to just move a little... here are some photos ( WARNING- Many of these photos do NOT have people in them)


We had dinner and chatted a ton.



(Even the cat got to say something)

Saturday we got up- me last of all- Chris went for a run and we had breakfast on the front lawn... we watched the humming birds and butterflies and chatted some more.

Chris and I made Chinese food for a late lunch-
that evening Chris and I went to the river... it was so beautiful.



Chris came back with about 20 mosquito bites per leg and I only have 2! ( :-0 poor Chris)

Sunday morning we went to church and headed home...
It was a wonderful trip.



Comments

Karla said…
Great photos!!!!