welcome Dr. Macintosh

Hello all,
What a whirl wind the last week has been. Last Monday I deafened my dissertation. It was the most nerve wracking event of my life.
I was so nervous and panicky. I had a really hard time sleeping on Saturday night. I cried spontaneously Saturday and Sunday. I slept about 2 hours on Sunday night (not consecutively) then got up Monday morning and got ready.
Chris had gotten the kids on Sunday night so they could come and watch.
I left early and went to a meeting, to keep my mind occupied on something other than the defense. there were so many people there to support me it was wonderful!
My presentation was a little more than 30 minutes, followed by 60 ish minutes of questions.
The first few moments were rough as I was so nervous I was stammering. Then I found the groove and it went smoothly.
After all the questions, everyone was asked to leave the room while my committee chatted and decided if I should pass. Once we left the room I got a little teary, stress reliefe I guess. Then my chair came out and asked everyone but me to enter and take a seat. Then she went into the room and asked me to follow a few seconds later.
I walked into the room and Kristin said


"Please join me in welcoming Dr. Janelle Bassett Macintosh."

I cried, not even the pretty cry. a real cry.
How great! it didn't seem real but it was....
Dr. Janelle....
Dr. Janelle.....
nope still doesn't seem real....
but I will take it.
Then came some great news!
NO rewrites!
Yep my committee thought what I had done was excellent. I didn't need to add anything or revise anything. (this is mostly unheard of)
Today I interviewed for a full-time faculty position at BYU College of Nursing.
Wow I am a grown up (again)
feels good.

Comments

Karla said…
Congrats!!!! I am so proud of you. . . well 99% proud and 1% pea green with envy!
Linda said…
How wonderful.....You were not the only one that "lost it" when Kristen said "Join me in welcoming Dr. Janelle Bassett Macintosh" There was not a dry eye in the room. I immediately called Dad. He went to the Corner Bakery and got Yummy Treats, then e-mailed his floor to come and celebrate with him. A da for the history books!
Tiff and Kyle said…
It was a great day! I can't believe NO re-writes. That's just shows how great you are!
Sandy Baur said…
I am so very proud to be your sister! I brag about you to everyone I know! Chris and Sherri both say congrats!!!!