first sun burn of the season????

It has been sooo lovely here the past few days.
On Wed I met some fellow students for lunch, it was almost 60 and a touch cloudy but mostly sunny and so we decided to sit outside on the porch and have lunch and enjoy the sun. I was the only one wearing sunglasses and so I sat facing the sun as we chatted and ate.
A little while later.... after a charming and delightful outing... I was sitting at my office and thought I was having a hot flash... it was sooooo warm.
I asked one of the other ladies if she thought it was too warm in the room and she said- it looks like you got a little sun, it must be that.
My Lilly pasty self thought- sure
The next morning Chris tells me WOW you've got a lobster thing going on.
I look in the mirror and feel the tightness of the skin on my forehead and sure enough full on burn... and of course my ultra-thick hair did nothing to save my scalp from the burn as well.
I informed Chris- don't worry, I will peel and be white again in no time.
Yesterday morning he leans over to kiss me good morning and says- WOW you really do peel, don't you.... is this a compliment? ;-)

Comments