Our first flood

Last night I walked over to the clothes hamper to put my shirt in the dirty clothes.
I was bare foot- and the floor felt a little damp.
I asked Chris- who was wearing shoes if he thought the floor was wet.
As he walked over the carpet I could hear the squishing sound of water in carpet and padding. I was kneeling by that time and was eye level with the front loader washer---
It was filled with water with a little stream of water was running down the front...
Chris turned off the water. I went into the bathroom (on the other side of the wall from the washer and dryer) and the rugs were really wet.
I put the rugs in the dryer and laid towels down on the floor. We waited a bit and it seemed the water had stopped running.
Then we went to bed.
This morning Chris got up to check to see if more water had accumulated...
No more water but the carpet was still really wet. Chris pulled the carpet back and tossed out the padding and carpet. Thank heaven for the shag- it holds A LOT of water.
We now have a lovely view of the cement in front of the washer and dryer....
I am thinking....
a TILE party---
Hen?????
You will all be pleased to know that we have thus far survived out first flood.

Comments

Sassy said…
ooo, fun. really, some things are just a little too exciting for my tastes... floods, for example...