Birthday

Yesterday was such a wonderful birthday.
I got to sleep in a little and then I met Chris for lunch.
He is such a wonderful fiance! He gave me a beautiful pearl ring.
It is a flat pearl with a beautiful silver swirl. I love it. I wear it on my right had so the photo will be fuzzy as I am soooo right handed it was hard to take a photo. ;-)
Chris drove me down to AF.
We made dinner, the four of us. We had fried chicken and mashed potatoes, broccoli and watermelon. It was really good and we had such a fun time all four of us in the tiny kitchen cooking together.
We ate in the basement as it was over 100 yesterday and very warm. We watched a chick flick- of my choosing- and then went upstairs. I opened presents and had the most yummy cake that Chris had made from scratch that morning and Lach made the frosting and decorated.
One tiny piece of humor- there was such a bonfire of candles on the cake that the frosting actually began to melt on the cake! Now I know I am getting old, when the heat from the candles melts the cake :-).
Photos of the cake are on Chris' camera so I will need to post them later.
It was a glorious birthday. I feel so blessed to have so many family and friends love me.

Comments