limbo

hello all,
I am back in Utah for a couple of weeks. I have been playing with Spencer and working a bit.
It is oddly nice to come home to Utah. Everything is familiar and comforting, this is odd for me as I fought the move to Utah- completely opposed! BUT wanting to follow where I felt I was led I grudgingly came west. I feel like, this place I once loathed is now a kind of balm.
How does that happen I wonder.
I am glad that I have family and friends here so that I can return to them and feel comfortable in this place.
As I was driving to the hospital tonight I was headed east, towards the mountains. They are covered in snow and were aglow with the crimson and peach of the gloaming. The mountains stand tall and strong, guarding and defending all that is encircled here. It is humbling to see them, noble protectors.
At home, in Denver, the mountains seems so far away, unattainable. Here, they are ever present and close enough to hear the whisperings of my heart.
I do not know if this place will be my home, but it is a place where a piece of my heart lives. Like the pile of stones on Orkney, I have lain my stone here giving my heart a resting place.

Comments

Linda said…
Welcome home!!!!