where has time gone

What can I say--- sorry for being a slacker.
tons has happened in the past few weeks,
Chris and I started teaching our research design class. I must admit I really like it, more than I thought I would. We have 29 students but 4 have dropped so we have 25 students.
It has been a learning curve for us and the students. I find I really like lecture and chatting but grading is not as much fun- not a big surprise.
Last weekend Autumn gave me a wonderful graduation celebration!
The cake was a lemon/blueberry masterpiece. And she gave me the recipe. Truly heaven! I can't wait to make it.
When we were getting ready, I had gotten grandma dressed and went down stairs to finish getting me ready and came up to see how grandma was. She was in the bathroom getting her makeup on. I could hear her cursing the makeup because it wasn't spreading well. I went in to see if I could help and smelled a strong nail polish scent. I asked grandma if I could help and she said that she had just finished and how did she look. I looked at the bottle in her hand and sure enough---pink nail polish (not foundation). I asked if that was the makeup she had put on and she said yes. So I told her it nail polish and we laughed, no wonder it was so hard it put on she said. ;-)
I got the polish remover and cleaned up her face, Washed it with soap and the put on real makeup. she looked lovely for the party.
Monday I got a wonderful letter in the mail (FedEx) that offered me a full time teaching job at BYU. YEAH!!! I am employed. Paid with money and benefits. It seems almost too good to be true.
Chris is in Denver this week at a class for stats. He loves that stuff. I miss him but he will be home Friday. Meanwhile it is just us chickens.

Comments

Karla said…
Yahooooo! for Employment!
Linda said…
Life doesn't get better than is.....Full time with bennies. And awesome bennies at that! PLUS...We get Chris for a few days. What a treat to for us to have our handsome, smart son-in-law here. "Help, the computer won't work" was his greeting from us! So happy for you (and us)!
Tiff and Kyle said…
being paid with monies is so much better than being paid with experiences.