The world changed

Last night while watching the news we learned that a family in our ward was in a car accident. They were traveling to visit family for the holiday and the father and a daughter were killed. The mother and other siblings are hospitalized.
Chris is very good friends with the father of this family. He was also the singing time leader for the primary. I can see his infectious smile when I close my eyes and hear the children singing as they watch him.
I feel for this family, their loss. How do you go on, or where do you go from such a tragic and difficult time?
My heart breaks to see Chris hurting. I wish I could hold him tight enough to make it all go away and have Stu come back. I want to turn the clock back and make everything the way it was.
The world is hazing, in a fog, to me today. I can feel the bright sun on my skin but its warmth does not penetrate to my heart. It too seems lost somewhere.

Comments

Sandy Baur said…
Oh Janelle, I am so very sorry. My heart is breaking for you and Chris. My prayers are with you.
Tiff and Kyle said…
You and the family will be in my prayers. I'm so sad with you.