Frustrating day

Yesterday was a bad day!
But this story really begins the day before... or maybe even a few days before that.
As many of you are aware I am planning a trip. I am going to fat camp/ dissertation camp. I am leaving on Tues and anticipate being gone 2-4 weeks.
In preparation I decided I needed new tired for Steve... actually the guy said-
"I wouldn't let my wife run around town on tires that bad"... so
The day before yesterday I went to Costco and bought 4 new tires. There wasn't much of a line and so I thought- great, perfect, I can still run up to school and get my other things done.
One giant hot dog, 2 glasses of Coke and 4 hours later.
I am on my way. By now I do not have time to go to school and still take dinner to a family in our ward. So I buzz to the store and get dinner ready for the family and then go home.
The next morning I was leaving the house ready to tackle the ever present dissertation, when....
I was about 3 houses away from home when something didn't seem right
I pulled over to the side of the road and
you guessed it....
a flat tire
I had driven less than 4 miles since getting the new tires!
I limped along back to the Costco and they said "WOW, lets get that fixed"...
Hopeful, I sat down with my school work on the plastic picnic benches
A slice of cheese pizza, 2 glasses of Coke and 4 MORE hours later...
I am off to school.
At that point what I really wanted to do was sit down and cry....
oh well... today is another day-
and we have symphony tickets for tonight!

Comments

Karla said…
At least you the concerto!
Sandy Baur said…
Oh Nell days like that are horrible!
Linda said…
A struggle. I am sure when you get the stress of the dissertation off your back, things will go smoother. I HATE car maintenance of any kind. My heart goes out to you.